CAN may change this policy on occasions by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 7 April 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about services or information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research and evaluation purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about other service providers which we think you may find interesting if you request us to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Website Administrator, Community Advice Network, Cavell House, Eldon Terrace, Eldon Place, Bradford, BD1 3AY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.